Supergirl (real name Kara-El, secret identity Kara Kent) is a kryptonian, and the long lost cousin of Superman. It was thought that Superman was the only one to escape Krypton, however, this was not the case. TBA
- "Are. You. KIDDING ME? I've been in a spaceship for 38 years and you expect me to 'remain calm'? Everyone I ever loved is dead! My friends, my family; they're all dead. And DON'T act like you understand when you grew up here! On Earth! Not Krypton! Now move out of my way before I kick your *ss to the Phantom Zone!"
- —Supergirl to Superman In Late Arrival
Abilities & EquipmentEdit
Solar Energy Absorption: Technically, this is the main source of Supergirl's powers. Because Supergirl's powers are greatly due to exposure to Earth's yellow sun, her powers have been affected by extreme absorptions of solar power, whether voluntary or involuntary. It kept from the sun for long durations (more than a week per say) can result in the weakening of her powers. When she first landed on Earth, it took a longer amount of time for her abilities to surface, getting used to Earth's yellow Sun.
- Super Strength: Supergirl posses immerse strength. When Superman was testing her abilities, she easily lifted over 100 tons without breaking a sweat.
- Invulnerability: Supergirl has impetrable skin, unless it's by kryptonite. Physical attacks are pointless against her. If by any chance she is hurt, she has a fast healing rate.
- Flight: At the beginning of her arrival on Earth, Supergirl could only leap tall buildings. Over her training with Superman, she has moved from hovering, to floating, and finally, to flight. While in flight, she has all of her skills and abilities.
- Super Speed: Although she cannot travel at the speed of light, Supergirl is able to travel at the speed of sound, thus, making her slower than her cousin, Superman.
- Super Hearing: Supergirl has the ability to hear all sounds at any volume or pitch and across any distance, presumably as long as there is atmosphere to carry the sonic vibrations.
- Heat Vision: By channeling the stored and converted solar energy into highly concentrated thermal energy, Supergirl is able to fire laser beams with temperatures reaching that of the Sun.
- X-ray Vision: Supergirl has the ability to see through objects, such as a human's bone structure, or when combined with her telescopic vision, their blood cells.
- Infrared Vision: Supergirl can see the body signatures of all living creatures, even ones with below freezing.
- Telescopic Vision: Supergirl is able to see far away distances and perceive the smallest of objects. This was shown when she saw an intruder in the Watchtower.
Genius Intellect: Because Kryptonians were far more advanced than Earthlings, Kara has a high IQ, making Einstein's seem like a baby. She often shows this by making fun of Superman, who already has a higher IQ than most humans. She is also able to analyze and solve problems in mere seconds, due to her super speed.
Combat Experience: Due to being taught by Superman and Wonder Woman, Supergirl has some experience with hand-to-hand combat, seemingly being able to land a single punch on the Black Canary.
- Kryptonite: Because Supergirl is much younger than hero older cousin, exposure to kryptonite drains her life at an extremely, alarming rate. Even a small quantity could comatize her. It also takes away her abilities.
- Electricity: Electrical shocks seemingly due damage to the Girl of Steel.
- Sound: Sound based attacks are able to injure Supergirl as well.
- Magic: Supergirl is still a mortal and is, as such, still as vulnerable to the workings of magic, in all its forms, as anyone else.
- Lead: Supergirl cannot see through lead.
- Red Sun Radiation: Supergirl is weakened when exposed to red solar energy similar to that of her home planet's sun, Rao. Supergirl will lose her Kryptonian abilities when exposed to red sun energy and must be recharged by yellow sun energy in order to regain them.
Superman/Clark KentEditKara's relationship with Superman is a strange one.
- Her nickname is Girl of Steel.