The timestamp is a device used in both the Young Justice TV series and the comic tie-in to indicate date, time and location. Locations are usually "stamped" on their first appearance in the episode, or a second time if the action has crossed over into another calendar day.
Timestamps are made up of five basic elements:
- Location: This can be a town or city, a county or parish, a state, or a general description, such as Atlantic Ocean, Northern India, or Geosynchronous orbit.
- Date: This allows for the action to be placed in the timeline.
- Time: An indication of the time using a 24 hour clock.
- A timezone: A two, three or four letter abbreviation, indicating local time, taking into account daylight savings time. If no standard name is used, there is an offset off UTC. Thus far, the following have been used:
- BT = Bangladesh Time, UTC + 6:00
- CAT = Central Africa Time, UTC + 2:00
- CDT = Central Daylight Time, UTC - 5:00.
- CEST = Central European Summer Time, UTC + 2:00.
- CET = Central European Time, UTC + 1:00. (after November 7)
- ChST = Chamorro Time Zone, UTC + 10:00
- CST = Central Standard Time, UTC - 6:00. (after November 7)
- ECT = Eastern Caribbean Time, UTC - 4:00.
- EDT = Eastern Daylight Time, UTC - 4:00.
- EST = Eastern Standard Time, UTC -5:00. (after November 7)
- EEST = Eastern European Summer Time, UTC + 3:00.
- EET = Eastern European Time, UTC + 2:00.
- HAST = Hawaii-Aleutian Standard Time, UTC - 10:00.
- HST = Hawaii Standard Time, UTC - 10:00.
- IST = Indian Standard Time, UTC + 5:30.
- MDT = Mountain Daylight Time, UTC - 6:00.
- MST = Mountain Standard Time, UTC - 7:00. (after November 7)
- NST = National Standard Time, UTC + 8:00.
- PDT = Pacific Daylight Time, UTC - 7:00.
- PST = Pacific Standard Time, UTC - 8:00. (after November 7)
- UTC-2, UTC - 2:00.
- UTC-03, UTC - 3:00.
- UTC+2, UTC + 2:00.
- Year: With the time skip between season one and season two, notes are appended under the timestamp to identify the year. This has been done by adding "Five Years Later", or "Team Year Zero" or "Team Year Five", where Zero equals 2010 and Five 2015.
See also Edit